Wednesday, October 29, 2008

MV blog 1.1

So here we go again another blog another story by some ominous person right ? well this time around I have this to get what Im thinking out in the open. Call it a diary call it what you want, its something for me to express myself.

Ahhhhh the life ! basketball has been a love of mine since I can remember, Its something I do to relieve myself of stress when it comes my way or something that I just do because I loved it. I currently play in a league here in Las Vegas, I play on a team called the "Roc Boys". It's great, I get to play on a team with some friends (Pat, Mike, GJ, Anthony O, Devon, Brian) that I'm comfortable with.

We finished last season on a bit of a "learning curve" it was the first time we all played together as a team and clearly we all needed to develop some chemistry. Our typical gameplan would be "get the ball to mico and get out of his way" as Pat would say to the rest of the team, and it worked out great untill other teams started double and triple teaming me. so now we would have to get the ball out of the post and have our guys shoot (something we really need to work on).

This season I look for more results than last season we add a talented player in Mac and a strong wingman in Matt. Mac is a scoring Point guard but knows how to get his team involved which is what a point guard is suppose to do. Matt is a good defender and adds length and athleticism to our team.

Our games typically are on wednesdays @ the YMCA by meadows mall, hope to see you all there.

P.S Im sick of our team name (Roc Boys) any suggestions ? haha help please !

No comments: