Friday, November 7, 2008

Simply Thorough

Life as a basketball player thats out of shape ? there's 2 sides to it really I play in an Asian league with fair competition I average about 24 points per game in that league and Im out of shape ! I play the 3 4 5 positions in that league. Feels great to be one of the top players there and teams jump at the chance in picking me up on different teams. I currently play for the Roc Boys but after last season, the offers started piling in Ive got offers to play with the Shakers in the gold division on sundays, Video Sonic also offered me a spot on their squad to play on sundays too.. The first team to offer me a spot was Dis Kine, they offered me a a spot on their gold division team called bay area. Ive got to make a decision soon and I dont know who Im going to go with just yet, But I'd have to say the Shakers are something I'm taking a look at seriously! baby J plays on the Shakers and he knows how I play and where I need to get the ball to score, We played in HS and man would I love to connect with him again.

Here's the second part of being an out of shape basketball player. I play on Thursdays with my boy Sheldons squad "The Thoroughbredz" this league has alot more competition, it makes the asian league gold division look like a JV league, I think Im the only asian in the league and everyone is bascially african american some white guys here or there but whos counting. I start the game of on the bench(just shows the difference in competition level).. yes we do have a good team like that! Sheldon for one I think is an incredibble basketball player but one problem.. he's out of shape like Im, but trust me he's got game he'll bust your ass write it down! We've got loads of talent on this team, I cant wait to see how the season unfolds, coming off the bench today I gave myself a game grade of "D-" definitely coulve done more! I hit the only shot I took in the game, It was a 3 from the corner and sank my 2 free throws (5 pts for all you math wizez).. big whoop right ? I like conversating to Sheldon about games because he keeps me level headed he never lets me get to big headed for my own good, plus playing in a league like this shows that I've got alot to do go get back into shape! Like tonight he was going on saying "what happened to the 30 point a night performances mico? what happened?" I like it also when he critiques my game, I dont and havent really listened to anyones opinion about basketball because well.. I've never really met a person that I dint believe I can beat in a game and he might not know it but I do look up to him in a basketball aspect, we got some work to do Shel! He told me to take more shots next game.. Gladly!

Finally on one last note I start officially working out again on monday! like foril this time diet and everything(I really need to get back into shape! haha). How you say? ..well Daffi hit me up the other day and said she wanted to play ball and get in shape and well.. lets just say I was very inspired to do the same. I owe it to any of my team mates and also owe it to myself! Its gonna be a cold workout but here we go ! haha

No comments: